Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday, April 4, 2008. Heavy brew. Some mornings I'd take the coffin over coffee. Can you see his cloak? This is your morning wake-up call.

(Digging through wallets and pockets and socks. Pulling out keys and gum, receipts.)
A hip hop prophet pops on the train, clinging the poles, tapping his thigh and stomping the beat to his song. It's gonna ra-ain, it's gonna rain. This time it won't be water, there's gonna be flame. Ha-Ha just a little gospel entertainment on the way to the house, folks. If you can spare a dollar, a smile, a hello... a Happy New Year, ha-ha... I am sure it'd be returned to ya. I imagine those that I know who would give up a dollar, at least a smile, and I recognize them as the people I admire. I still don't dare to flinch. Most morning's I forget to write it. Wake up.

No comments: